Danita in wonderland


Alice: Oh no no no... thank you, but- but I just wanted to ask you which way I ought to go.

Cheshire Cat: Well, that depends on where you want to get to.

Alice: Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as I g...

Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn't matter which way you go!



Today I woke up with the news that I've been offered my job back. I quit a year ago to take care of my baby and that has given me the opportunity to paint more. But painting is not an easy job. And not a secure one either. You never know if you're going to sell your paintings, or if you are going to be able to make them. An office job, in the other hand, gives you a sense of security. You know that no matter what, as long as you do your job, you're going to have your check every month. I love doing what I do, but also wonder if I should go back and have a normal job. So weird, I dreamed last night that I had my ex-boss called me and asked me to go to a interview again... I just wish I could be sure that the path I took is the right way to go...

Comments

Annie Patterson said…
I am working a full time job and want nothing more than to be able to quit and just do art full time!
Right now I am too dependant on that paycheck, but I hope to break free eventually. I am realizing that life is too short to spend so much time doing something you dont love. Good luck in your decision!
Diane Duda said…
I just saw your latest painting, Candice, on ebay. She has the most beautiful face I've ever seen!
Please don't think of being anything other than an artist!!!
msteeleart said…
I agree with Diane. Jobs seem to steal creativity out of people.

Michelle
CCs Whimsies said…
Danita... I have lived through this decision so many times, and I am so sypmathetic to your plight. A guaranteed paycheck sounds like water in the Sahara when you've been trudging through the self employed dessert. No one has to tell you what it means to take this job away from your art but especially your baby. My best advice to you would be, part-time employment. You get the best of both worlds and you will enjoy both worlds so much more!! I hope that is a possibility. I've been looking for ya in the PFATT Board. I'm glad to know you are doing well. Big Hugs, Christy

Popular Posts